Artificial intelligence, or AI, is everywhere these days. AI software performs tasks that used to be manually completed, such as speech recognition, translation, and visual perception. New apps, systems, and functionalities powered by AI seem to appear daily. The invention of generative AI, where an AI system analyzes vast quantities of internet data to generate text or images, has been the driving factor for the recent surge of interest in AI.
Why is generative AI such a hit? Apart from the fascinating new capabilities of this type of AI, generative AI requires no new hardware or high-level skills to use. Anyone who is curious about this technology can immediately use it and get decent results. In addition, generative AI can be applied to myriad tasks, from composing a cover letter to rephrasing an awkward sentence, making it useful to a wide range of users.
Both generative AI and “normal” AI can benefit your company’s operations, especially in the area of information management.
5 Ways AI Benefits Information Management
AI can do any or all the following to benefit your information management:
- Generate ideas: It’s in the name—generative AI can be a great tool to generate ideas. For example, you could ask it for ideas about product names or marketing slogans. Of course, AI may not provide you with the perfect idea, but if you like something it comes up with, you can ask the software or your team members for similar ideas. At the very least, this process will spark conversation!
- Create content: Through generative AI, you can create drafts of new content like emails or press releases. Of course, this functionality must be used with caution: you’ve likely read news stories about AI-generated content used in inappropriate contexts like an email of condolence after a disaster or an important legal paper.
- Summarize information: Another good use of AI can be summarizing a large quantity of information. Some AI systems can create summaries of long documents, saving reading time. However, keep in mind that there are no protections for your company information if you feed it into AI. Any information you give to AI may surface in answer to another user’s query. Do not give a generative AI access to sensitive company data.
- Organize documents: Many AI-enabled information management systems can automatically organize and assign metadata to your documents. You can then easily search thousands of documents for any particular details you’re looking for. By harnessing the power of metadata, you can also organize documents by any number of methods to be more intuitive for your employees.
- Automate processes: One of the biggest benefits of AI is its capacity for automation. Through AI, you can automate many processes that were previously done manually, such as searching for particular clauses or words in a document, sending out notifications or reminders, and producing reports. Software systems from ERPs to CRMs to information management solutions are all moving towards integrating AI to increase your company’s efficiency and productivity.
Looking for an AI-Powered Information Management System?
Here at Laminin, we’re committed to providing innovative business software solutions along with expert implementation and consulting. If you’re in the market for an AI-powered information management system, check out M-Files. M-Files uses AI to organize your files based on what they are, not where they were initially stored, so you can avoid information chaos. We also provide MFSQL Connector, which allows your in-house developers to easily build M-Files integrations through SQL. Contact us today to learn more.