You may not be very familiar with leaving a comment on a blog or simply afraid of disclosing too much information. Here are TEN TIPS to help you be part of the conversation but not feel exposed.
- Don’t use company / client names or references
- Keep your examples generic
- Sign in using your professional online profile or create one you can use for online conversations
- Don’t worry if you’re the first person to comment
- Keep comments civil, on topic and considerate
- Keep it professional and conduct yourself as you would within your own organisation
- Comment with the assumption that someone in your organisation may read your comments
- Check spelling, grammar, clarity and content
- If you want to say something but don’t want your opinion public, email us
- Be nice
Can you think of any other tips for making good and professional comments on blogs to be part of the conversation? Leave a comment and let us know what you think.